This post is all about valuable woman quotes.
This is a topic that is near and dear to my heart because it is something that I have struggled with and still do from time to time – knowing your worth.
What does it mean to “know your worth”?
“Knowing your worth” means to stand up for yourself, to be brave and bold, and to have confidence in who you are.
There will be times in your life where people try to tell you who you are and what you are worth. Whether people tell you what skills they believe you have or don’t have, how much money you should or shouldn’t be making, if you can achieve your dream, etc. etc. etc. But here’s the thing about knowing your worth – it is up to YOU.
You must not let anyone tell you who you are. If you truly believe, in the deep depths of your heart, that you deserve something or can be something, then you have no choice but to go and get it, and show those that doubted you that you were more than capable after all.
This may seem a little intense, but I believe that if you let the world tell you who you are, instead of deciding that for yourself, that you will never become who you were meant to become. You’ll instead become a shell of yourself, a copy of someone else, or just never amount to the dreams you once had.
It doesn’t matter if the person telling you who they think you are has all of the experience, wisdom, accolades, etc. in the world – you have to remember that everyone is human, and no one has the right to tell you what you are capable of. Only you can do that. So don’t play small and don’t let yourself down by listening to the voices of people who tell you what you can and cannot be.
What are some qualities of confident women?
There are so many qualities of confident women, but most qualities came from those confident women not being so confident at some point in their lives.
They had to overcome their own self-doubt, making them resilient. They had to overcome their own insecurities, and now they are known to persevere. They had to stand up for themselves, so they’re used to advocating for themselves at this point in their lives.
They know that what’s on the inside is far more important than what’s on the outside, so they try their best not to beat themselves up when they’re having a “bad” hair or makeup day. They take care of themselves because they value themselves, whether that’s eating healthy, working out, going to therapy, or meditating.
They put themselves first. They’re often a little selfish – because they know that the only way they can help their loved ones have the best lives possible is if they are in great mental and physical health first and foremost.
Confident women aren’t often confident by nature. It took practice and time. It took getting out of their comfort zones and it took a lot of failure that led to perseverance and a “no-giving-up” mentality.
Any woman is capable of becoming her most confident self.
If you want to be inspired by the women that have come before you, you are in a great spot. The following quotes come from women with all different kinds of racial, political, economic, and educational backgrounds. But what’s amazing is that the messages throughout these quotes really have one general theme: you are so much more powerful and capable than you even know.
Once you read just a few of these quotes, you will be instantly inspired. And that’s what makes this whole list of valuable women quotes so great.
When I was putting this list together, I couldn’t help but feel a fiery passion starting to light within me. It’s also really comforting to see that other women have had their own struggles and doubters that they’ve had to overcome.
Obviously, it’d be great if society as a whole valued women as much as they do men, and while I think we have made some progress over the years, I think this world still has a long way to go.
But when you read these quotes, you’ll see examples of women sticking up for themselves and uplifting the women that come after them.
As women, we have unique strengths. And as long as we believe in ourselves, lean on other women for support, and are willing to support other women ourselves, the opportunities are endless.
50+ Valuable Woman Quotes
Strong And Valuable Woman Quotes
1. “Each time a woman stands up for herself, without knowing it possibly, without claiming it, she stands up for all women. I would like to be known as an intelligent woman, a courageous woman, a loving woman, a woman who teaches by being.” – Maya Angelou
2. “Never ever accept ‘Because You Are A Woman’ as a reason for doing or not doing anything.” – Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
3. “Every mother works hard, and every woman deserves to be respected.” – Michelle Obama
4. “There is no limit to what we, as women, can accomplish.” – Michelle Obama
5. “A woman is like a tea bag – you can’t tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
6. “Women must try to do things as men have tried. When they fail, their failure must be but a challenge to others.” – Amelia Earhart
7. “I want to be respected in all of my femaleness because I deserve to be.” – Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
8. “There are two powers in the world; one is the sword and the other is the pen. There is a third power stronger than both, that of women.” – Malala Yousafzai
9. “Never doubt that you are valuable and powerful.” – Hillary Clinton
10. “Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another stepping stone to greatness.” – Oprah Winfrey
11. “You were born an original, don’t become a copy!” – Coco Chanel
12. “Women belong in all places where decisions are being made. It shouldn’t be that women are the exception.” – Ruth Bader Ginsburg
13. “As women achieve power, the barriers will fall. As society sees what women can do, as women see what women can do, there will be more women out there doing things, and we’ll all be better off for it.” – Ruth Bader Ginsburg
I love how Ruth Bader Ginsburg makes a comment about “as women see what women can do” because I think it’s really important. There are women who are growing up right now who are being taught that men, for whatever reason, are better, smarter, more capable, etc. and to me, that just isn’t true at all.
And so it’s our duty as women to continue to do our best and ultimately inspire other women to do the same. That’s why it’s so key that we lift each other up instead of feeling threatened by one another.
Society loves to pit women against each other, but if we can see through that for what it really is – a way to keep women from all rising up together – then we can actively avoid it and do the opposite.
More Valuable Woman Quotes
14. “A liberated woman is one who has sex before marriage and a job after.” – Gloria Steinem
15. “Women are always saying, ‘We can do anything that men can do,’ but men should be saying, ‘We can do anything that women can do.'” – Gloria Steinem
16. “First principle: never to let one’s self be beaten down by persons or by events.” – Marie Curie
17. “It takes years as a woman to unlearn what you have been taught to be sorry for. It takes years to find your voice and your real estate.”
18. “As far back as I can remember, I knew there was something wrong with our way of life when people could be mistreated because of the color of their skin.” – Rosa Parks
19. “I want to say to all the young women out there: There are going to be people along the way who try to undercut your success or take credit for your accomplishments or your fame, but if you just focus on the work and you don’t let those people sidetrack you, someday, when you get where you’re going, you will look around and you will know — it was you, and the people who love you, who put you there. And that will be the greatest feeling in the world.” – Taylor Swift
20. “The lesson is that you shouldn’t care so much if you feel misunderstood by a lot of people who don’t know you, as long as you feel understood by the people who do know you, the people who do show up for you, and the people who see you as a human being.” – Taylor Swift
I really love this quote (#20) by Taylor Swift… there have been times in my life where I’ve felt very misunderstood by entire groups of people, and it frustrates me to my core; I just want those people to know me and see me for who I really am and what I’m capable of. But… why? Does it really matter? Taylor Swift’s quote reminds me that as long as I feel understood by the people that I love and that love me, that’s all that really matters.
21. “A wise girl knows her limits, a smart girl knows that she has none.” – Marilyn Monroe
22. “Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.” – Marilyn Monroe
23. “A busy, vibrant, goal-oriented woman is so much more attractive than a woman who waits around for a man to validate her existence.” – Mandy Hale
24. “I was raised to be an independent woman, not the victim of anything.” – Kamala Harris
25. “Woman must not depend upon the protection of man, but must be taught to protect herself. Forget conventionalisms; forget what the world thinks of you stepping out of your place; think your best thoughts, speak your best words, work your best works, looking to your own conscience for approval.” – Susan B. Anthony
26. “Our experiences, good and bad, make us who we are. By overcoming difficulties, we gain strength and maturity. Without pain, there would be no suffering, without suffering we would never learn from our mistakes. To make it right, pain and suffering is the key to all windows, without it, there is no way of life.” – Angelina Jolie
This quote by Angelina Jolie (#26) is one that kind of feels like a hard pill to swallow. I have always wanted to be really wise… but how does one get to be wise? You’re not just born with all of the wisdom and knowledge – you have to gain it through tough experiences. It’s the price you have to pay.
Maybe that’s how I should look at all of the curveballs life sends me – as stepping stones to becoming more wise instead of simply inconveniences and frustrations.
27. “I think women want to take care of themselves, and I think having a voice in how that is done is very important.” – Madeleine Albright
28. “I’d rather regret the things I’ve done than regret the things I haven’t done.” – Lucille Ball
29. “The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.” – Lucille Ball
30. “If you don’t like the road you’re walking, start paving another one.” – Dolly Parton
31. “Above everything else I’ve done, I’ve always said I’ve had more guts than I’ve got talent.” – Dolly Parton
32. “If your actions create a legacy that inspires others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, then, you are an excellent leader.” – Dolly Parton
I love this quote by Dolly Parton (#32) – it reminds me of the impact that we all likely have without even really knowing it.
For example, there are many times when I feel like I’m not really making an impact with Imperfect Taylor. Weeks may go by with me being unsure if I’m really even helping anyone.
But then out of nowhere, I’ll get a really special, heartfelt message from someone who’s been following me who thanks me for something small I said that had a big impact on them or caused them to think about things differently or helped them overcome something.
I never really know if I am helping people with Imperfect Taylor until I see things like this, but Dolly Parton’s quote reminds me that maybe there are people out there who I’ve been able to help that I haven’t heard from!
33. “Girls should never be afraid to be smart.” – Emma Watson
34. “The less you reveal, the more people can wonder.” – Emma Watson
35. “I believe in strong women. I believe in the woman who is able to stand up for herself. I believe in the woman who doesn’t need to hide behind her husband’s back.” – C. Joybell C.
36. “The success of every woman should be the inspiration to another. We should raise each other up. Make sure you’re very courageous: be strong, be extremely kind, and above all be humble.” – Serena Williams
37. “I know I’m an overachiever, and I’m not apologetic about it.” – Tyra Banks
38. “Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren’t.” – Margaret Thatcher
39. “I really want women to know their power, to value their experience. To understand that nothing has been more wholesome in the political process than the increased involvement of women.” – Nancy Pelosi
40. “I wanted to be an empowered woman, and I became an empowered woman. And now I want to empower every woman. And I do it through my clothes, I do it through my words, I do it through my money, I do it through everything. I’m not the only one; most people’s mothers are the most influential person in their life.” – Diane Von Furstenberg
41. “I know my worth. I embrace my power. I say if I’m beautiful. I say if I’m strong. You will not determine my story. I will.” – Amy Schumer
42. “To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, day and night, to make you like everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight … It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.” – Alicia Keys
43. “We need women at all levels, including the top, to change the dynamic, reshape the conversation, to make sure women’s voices are heard and heeded, not overlooked and ignored.” – Sheryl Sandberg
44. “Some women are meant to change the world, while others are meant to hold it together.” – Jodi Picoult
45. “Do not allow people to dim your shine because they are blinded. Tell them to put some sunglasses on.” – Lady Gaga
46. “Never be ashamed of your problems, your body, yourself. You are worth life.” – Demi Lovato
47. “All women, everywhere, have the same hopes: we want to be self-sufficient and create better lives for ourselves and our loved ones.” – Melinda Gates
48. “A woman with a voice is by definition a strong woman.” – Melinda Gates
49. “A strong woman understands that the gifts such as logic, decisiveness, and strength are just as feminine as intuition and emotional connection.” – Nancy Rathburn
50. “A woman of value does not rely on others to recognize her value. She knows her own value and she always adds value.” – Gift Gugu Mona
51. “Every life is worthy and every life is capable of greatness.” – Condoleezza Rice