This post is all about the best journaling prompts for self love and healing.
Self-love is something that many of us struggle with and want to feel more of. But what really is self-love?
Self-love, according to Berkeley Well Being Institute, “is sometimes defined as having an appreciation for one’s own worth or value. It is also thought to include paying sufficient attention to one’s own happiness and well-being.”
How can you start improving your self-worth, happiness, and well-being?
Well, you can start by identifying the things that make you feel good about yourself, and identifying where there may be gaps between what you are currently doing and what you ought to be doing to feel good about yourself. And a great way to do this is by using self love journal prompts.
The following journaling prompts for self love will help you identify what makes you feel great about yourself so that you can do more of those things.
These self-love journal prompts will also get you thinking about the things that you can pay a little bit more attention to, so that you can start to work on them, and ultimately increase the amount of self-love that you feel for yourself.
Healing and self-love go hand in hand, too.
That’s why you’ll see journal prompts for healing in this post as well. If you can identify the areas in your life where you feel down/worthless/not enough, you’ll know exactly what you need to focus on.
I hope this post gives you a little hope and reminds you that you are enough just as you are, no matter what your past looks like, how others view you, or what you’ve been through, and you deserve all the self-love and healing possible.
So, grab your journal and let’s get started!
100 Best Journaling Prompts For Self Love And Healing
Journaling Prompts For Self Love
Journaling is one of the best ways to tap into your innermost thoughts and discover more about yourself. Here are some great journal prompts that you can use on your own personal self-love journey.
1. Think about your body. What do you love about it?
2. What do you think is your most unique physical characteristic?
3. If you asked a close friend to describe you in three positive words, what three words do you think they would say?
4. What’s a random skill that you have?
5. What’s something that makes you laugh uncontrollably?
6. What is your favorite movie or tv show and why?
7. What’s something you are currently working on? How much does it mean to you?
8. Think about the last time you did something meaningful for someone. What was it?
9. What personality trait or characteristic that you have is your favorite?
10. If the next five years unfolded exactly how you want them to, what would the next five years look like?
11. If you had to write a love letter to yourself, what would it say?
12. What’s something you recently discovered that you really enjoy?
13. When’s the last time you did something for the first time? Did you enjoy it?
14. What is your favorite form of self care? How often do you do this thing?
15. When’s the last time you trusted your gut on a decision and it worked out well?
16. When’s the last time you did something that scared you?
17. What are some good habits you have that you are proud of?
18. Write down a quote that you love. Why do you love this quote?
19. What’s your biggest goal for your future self right now?
20. Think about the last time you made a positive impact on someone’s life. What was it?
21. Write down all the things that your younger self would be so proud to know that you’ve accomplished.
22. What do your friends and family say you are really good at?
23. What is your favorite song and why?
24. What is your favorite hobby?
25. Name 3 simple things that you love about your life.
26. What was the most recent good deed you carried out?
27. What was the last book that you read and enjoyed?
28. What’s something you spend money on that brings you joy?
29. Think about your 10 year old self. If you could go back in time to tell them something, what would you tell them?
30. What’s something you really want to work on about yourself and why?
31. Who can you trust the most in this world?
32. Do you often celebrate yourself? When’s the last time you celebrated yourself?
33. If you could pick one self care activity (anything!) to do today, what would it be?
34. Do you believe that you are worthy of happiness? Why or why not?
35. Describe your perfect day. What are you doing? Who are you with? What are you wearing?
36. Who is someone you met recently that you don’t know that well but want to spend more time with?
37. What’s an event that you have coming up that you are really looking forward to?
38. Name a hero / role model / or someone who has a lot of influence on you. Why do you look up to them? Do you feel similar to them in any way?
39. What current habits do you have that you are proud of?
40. When’s the last time someone did something very thoughtful for you? What was it?
41. What past mistakes do you still think about? How can you start letting go of that feeling?
42. What negative beliefs do you have about yourself? Do you really believe these things? If yes, what can you start doing to change these beliefs about yourself?
43. Who knows you better than you know yourself?
44. What’s the best compliment that you ever received about who you are as a person? How did it make you feel?
45. What’s the best compliment that you ever received about your physical appearance? How did it make you feel?
46. Have you ever won an award? What was it for?
47. When you think about your dream life, do you believe it’s something you can make a reality? Why or why not?
48. What role do you play in your family? How would your family members describe you?
49. Is there anyone that you think you have a positive influence on?
50. What is one thing you can incorporate into your daily life that you know will make you happier?
Journal Prompts For Healing
Your healing journey may take some time, and that is perfectly OK. Take it easy on yourself, and answer the following journal prompts if you think they will help guide you along your healing journey.
1. Do you have recurring negative thoughts about yourself? If so, what are they?
2. Is there a goal that you want to pursue but you are afraid that you will fail?
3. Is there someone in your life that you are often envious of? Why do you think you are envious of them?
4. What’s your biggest fear right now?
5. What’s the biggest risk that you’ve ever taken? How did it pan out?
6. What makes you feel the most alive?
7. Who are the people in your life that you can always rely on, no matter what?
8. What makes you feel strong?
9. When you are upset, what are some effective ways that you use to calm down?
10. When was the last time you failed at something? What did you learn from that failure?
11. What do you need help with in your life at this time?
12. Who is a person that feels safe to you? Why do they make you feel safe?
13. When was the last time that you got out of your comfort zone? How did it go?
14. If today were a great day, what would it look like?
15. What’s a very small thing that brings you a lot of joy?
16. Who do you love to spend time with?
17. Who lifts you up on days where you have low self-esteem?
18. What’s a memory that you never want to forget?
19. Where’s the best place you’ve ever been?
20. Think about your safe space. Where is it?
21. Do you feel like you currently have any toxic relationships in your life? If yes, should you do something to distance yourself from them?
22. What are some bad habits that you would like to break (if any)?
23. What’s a personality trait that you have that you aren’t very fond of?
24. Are you living inline with your true self?
25. What’s something you spend too much time doing?
26. Describe your perfect way to relax after a long day.
27. What little things in life do you want to see more of or do more of?
28. Who do you want to get to know on a deeper level?
29. Do you have any role models? If so, who are they?
30. If you could sit down with anyone for dinner, who would it be and why?
31. What family member or best friend has had the biggest impact on your life?
32. Who do you often go to for advice?
33. Do you feel the need to set a boundary with someone in your life? If yes, who and why?
34. What are your core values?
35. What’s an activity that makes you feel calm?
36. Think about the last time you cried. What were you upset about? Has it gotten better since?
37. When’s the last time you doubted yourself? Where do you think this self-doubt comes from?
38. What was your biggest struggle as a child? Is it still something that you struggle with?
39. How often do you think you participate in negative self-talk?
40. Do you have any regrets? If yes, how can you accept them and move on from them?
41. If you could change one thing about the past, what would it be?
42. Is there someone who is no longer in your life that you miss? What’s something you loved about them?
43. Are you content with the way your life is going right now? If not, what needs to change?
44. What’s an important lesson that you have learned in life?
45. Think about a tough time that you got through successfully. What was it?
46. When was the last time that you made yourself proud?
47. When you visualize your future, what does it look like?
48. Do you feel stressed out? What is making you stressed and how can you start to alleviate that stress?
49. Is there anything about yourself that you want to change or work on?
50. Are you on track to live the life that you envision for yourself? If not, what needs to change?
Are you excited to start using these prompts for your self-love journaling? Again, journaling is a great tool for you to truly get to know yourself on an even deeper level.
P.S. I’ve been going to therapy for the last several years to work on my feelings of “not enough” and it has really helped me. If you’re interested, I talk more about my experience and how to find a therapist in this post. Take care! <3
This post was all about journaling prompts for self love and healing.
Other posts you might like: