This post is all about discipline affirmations.
Are you looking for positive affirmations about discipline that’ll change your life? Here are the best discipline affirmations to help you stay focused, stay consistent, and conquer your goals.
Using affirmations is one of the best ways to change your beliefs and behavior. Affirmations are free, easy to use, and easy to implement into your daily life.
Once you find an affirmation or two that you really like, you can start saying them aloud to yourself each day.
Say them in the mornings when you wake up, at night before you go to bed, or whenever you need a reminder for staying disciplined throughout the course of your day.
Affirmations are positive statements. They are great for changing any negative beliefs, negative thoughts, or negative emotions that you may have about yourself to more positive ones.
Discipline Affirmations for:
- General Self-Discipline
- Self Control
- Bad Habits
- Getting Out Of Your Comfort Zone
It is not always easy to stay disciplined, but with a little practice and some affirmation repetition, you can absolutely become a more disciplined person. Here are the best discipline affirmations.
Self-discipline is an incredibly admirable quality. People who have self-discipline have often practiced it over the course of many years. Sometimes you have to fail a few times before you learn what helps you stay disciplined.
No matter what, people who are self-disciplined never give up on themselves. Here are some self discipline affirmations that will ensure that you never give up on yourself, either.
1. I am a determined and disciplined person.
2. Being disciplined helps me reach my goals.
3. I would rather have the pain of discipline than the pain of regret.
4. I stay disciplined even when I don’t feel like it.
5. I know what I want in life, and that’s why I stay disciplined.
6. I control what I can control, so I control myself.
7. Discipline brings me confidence.
8. I am the master of my thoughts.
9. I practice self-discipline in every area of my life.
10. I stay disciplined so that I can become the best version of me.
11. Discipline is always worth it at the end of the day.
12. I reward myself for being disciplined.
13. With the help of self-discipline, I am on my way to the living the life that I have always dreamed of.
14. My level of self discipline is always improving.
15. Self-discipline is not always easy but I am absolutely capable of practicing it in my everyday life.
16. I am so proud of myself for staying disciplined.
17. I do not give in to temptation.
18. Self-discipline comes naturally to me.
19. Self-discipline is worth it.
20. Discipline is freedom.
21. I have high standards for myself and that is why I stay disciplined.
22. Discipline brings me inner peace.
23. Self-discipline ensures that I am on the right path.
24. I will do what other people won’t so I can live a life that other people can’t.
25. I’m not too old to go after the success I’ve always dreamed of.
26. I am in complete control of my thoughts.
27. Practicing self-discipline is great for my mental health.
“Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.” – Jim Rohn
Here are more discipline quotes by Jim Rohn.
Affirmations for Consistency
Consistency is the act of repeating the same behavior over and over again throughout the course of your life, even when obstacles pop up out of nowhere and try to derail you.
Whenever you are feeling tempted to go off course, or something unexpected pops up in your life and makes it hard to stay consistent, repeat these affirmations for consistency.
1. I take my goals one day at a time.
2. I am capable of being consistent.
3. I can do anything I put my mind to.
4. I have a plan for my goals and each day I get a little closer to accomplishing them.
5. If I get off track, I try to understand what went wrong, and I refocus.
6. I am consistent.
7. Consistency is what helps me achieve my biggest goals.
8. I can only fail if I give up.
9. I put systems in place that make being consistent much easier.
10. I want to see what happens if I don’t give up.
11. I take small steps to achieve my goals.
12. Consistent action is the key to achieving my goals.
13. I take one step forward with each passing day.
14. Being consistent is one of my most important skills.
15. My goals may take a long time to achieve, but it will be worth it in the end.
16. I owe it to myself to be consistent.
17. I’m tired of giving up. This time I’m going to give it my all.
“Small disciplines repeated with consistency every day lead to great achievements gained slowly over time.” – John C. Maxwell
Affirmations for Willpower
Willpower is very similar to self-discipline. According to Medical News Today, willpower is “the ability to control one’s own behavior intentionally”.
If you can control yourself, even when things around you try to distract you from controlling yourself, you have great willpower.
Here are affirmations for willpower to help you increase your own willpower.
1. I am in control of my behavior.
2. I am not easily tempted.
3. I am not easily derailed from my goals.
4. I can do anything.
5. Nothing and no one can stop me from achieving my goals.
6. I know what triggers me and I avoid my triggers.
7. I have enough willpower to get through this.
8. I know what I need to do to stay on track toward my goals.
9. I know what I need to avoid so that I can stay focused on my goals.
10. It is obvious to me what helps me get toward my goals and what takes me away from them.
11. I set clear boundaries around anything that could derail me from my goals.
12. I have strong willpower.
13. I have unbreakable willpower.
14. Willpower allows me to get closer to my dream life.
15. I am a determined person.
16. I challenge self-defeating thoughts that do not serve me.
17. I have all of the required will power that I need.
18. My inner strength helps me have willpower.
“People don’t just find the strength and the willpower they need, they create it.” – Anonymous
Affirmations for Procrastination
Tell me if you ever feel this way – but usually with procrastination, whatever I am putting off because I don’t want to do it is NEVER as hard as I made it out to be in my head. It usually takes me half as much time to do the thing I was procrastinating than I thought it would (or less!).
Here are some great affirmations for procrastination if procrastination is something that you struggle with.
1. Massive success is on the other side of procrastination.
2. I am a hard worker, and therefore, I do not procrastinate.
3. Procrastinating makes things seem much more difficult than they really are.
4. I am not a procrastinator. I get things done.
5. I put away social media when I know I need to make progress on my goals.
6. I don’t allow social media to control me.
7. I have a high level of focus.
8. Procrastination isn’t a good use of my time.
9. I get the most important thing done first and foremost.
10. First thing’s are always first.
11. Today I will tackle my to-do list.
12. I am not distracted or derailed easily.
13. I’m the kind of person who stays focused and finishes what I need to finish.
14. I take charge of my life.
15. My future self will be so proud once I finish my outstanding tasks.
16. It may be a difficult task, but it’s not an impossible task.
“You may delay, but time will not.” – Benjamin Franklin
Being productive can be really difficult in today’s world. For one, social media is more addicting than ever. We are in a constant state of content overload and it is super tempting to pick up your phone and scroll for hours on end.
Second, sometimes it’s just hard to sit down and do the work. We all lead busy lives and most of us have more than one human (or animal) to take care of other than ourselves.
That’s why when you finally find some time to do the work that you want to get done, you have to stay focused. That’s the only way to move forward on your own personal goals.
Here are the best daily affirmations for productivity that you can use to help you be more productive so that when you actually find the time to work, you can be successful.
1. I am a productive person.
2. I design my day so that I can be as productive as possible.
3. I take breaks when needed.
4. I avoid procrastination.
5. I eliminate distractions so that I can have complete concentration.
6. I am clear on what I need to get done.
7. I set goals for myself.
8. I avoid social media when working toward my goals.
9. I remain focused.
10. I know I am on the right track for me.
11. I make progress toward my goals each and every day.
12. When self doubt creeps in, I remind myself that all of this will be worth it.
13. I’m tired of doubting myself.
14. Each day I do something that moves the needle.
15. I trust the process.
16. I do the best that I can in the present moment.
“The big secret in life is that there is no big secret. Whatever your goal, you can get there if you’re willing to work.” – Oprah
Self Control Affirmations
Controlling yourself is difficult. Temptations are everywhere, and so are distractions. But I think we all realize that in order to reach our goals and accomplish difficult things that we know we are capable of, we have to exercise self control.
You have to say “no” to things that could derail you from reaching your goals. You have to avoid people, experiences, and things that you know aren’t good for you. That’s the only way you can move toward the life that you want for yourself.
Here are self control affirmations that will help you exercise strong self control.
1. I am in control of how I think.
2. I am perfectly capable of achieving everything that I desire.
3. I have all the self control that I need.
4. My self control abilities get better with each passing day.
5. Self control is what helps me get closer to my goals.
6. I avoid anything that makes self control difficult for me.
7. I value self control and I surround myself with people that value self control.
8. I stay true to my word.
9. I give my best efforts to everything that I do.
10. I can always improve my self control.
“One’s greatest challenge is to control oneself.” – Kazi Shams
Affirmations for Bad Habits
Everyone has bad habits. What you really have to ask yourself is: are my bad habits preventing me from living the life that I know I am capable of living?
If the answer to that question is “yes”, it might be time for you to start trying (I mean really trying) to change those bad habits. Or at least make them a little less “bad”.
For example, if you eat a lot of unhealthy food, can you eat less unhealthy food on a day to day basis? Are there healthy swaps you can make so that you aren’t eating so much unhealthy food? Are there healthy foods that you enjoy that you can buy more of?
Start making small changes so that eliminating your bad habit is a little easier.
Here are affirmations for bad habits that will help you, too.
1. I am aware of what my bad habits are, and I don’t let them control my life.
2. I am working every day to create better habits for myself.
3. I am more than capable of ridding my life of my bad habits.
4. Bad habits do not control my life.
5. I am replacing my bad habits with good ones.
6. Bad habits will not get the best of me.
7. I live a life that is full of healthy habits.
8. Bad habits do not have to stay with me for the rest of my life.
9. I can change any habits that I am not proud of.
10. It may be difficult to break a bad habit, but I am more than capable.
11. My bad habits do not define me.
12. If I created a bad habit, I can stop doing it, too.
13. I am aware of my bad habits and I am working on them every single day.
14. I have plenty of good habits.
15. I will not fixate on my bad habits.
16. I will not let my bad habits bring me down.
17. If I want to change, I absolutely can.
18. Change takes time, but it is worth it.
19. I am a resilient person and I can overcome my bad habits.
20. It is never too late to change.
21. I indulge every now and then, but mostly, I avoid junk food because it isn’t aligned with my goals.
22. Breaking bad habits might take a lot of work, but I am capable of doing it.
23. Anyone who says I can’t break a bad habit is wrong.
24. I can do anything that I desire if I want it badly enough.
25. I replace my bad habits with new habits that better serve me.
“Engaging in good habits 90 percent of the time, while indulging in bad habits 10 percent of the time, places you at risk of being like a hamster running in a wheel. Despite all the energy you’re exerting, you won’t move forward. You’ll never be able to outrun your bad habits.” – Amy Morin
Affirmations for Getting Out of Your Comfort Zone
If you want to grow as a person, it is so important to get out of your comfort zone. Unfortunately, this isn’t always easy, but that’s kind of the point. If you only did things that didn’t challenge you, you’d never grow or become stronger.
Here are some affirmations for getting out of your comfort zone that you can use the next time you are feeling a little nervous to get out of your comfort zone.
1. Getting out of my comfort zone allows me to live a full life.
2. I love who I am when I get out of my comfort zone.
3. New opportunities to get out of my comfort zone are always coming my way.
4. Getting out of my comfort zone is how I grow as a person.
5. I have a 100% success rate of getting through times where I had to get out of my comfort zone.
6. Getting out of my comfort zone may be scary, but I am absolutely capable of doing it.
7. Every time I get out of my comfort zone, I am so proud of myself.
8. Life’s too short to not get out of my comfort zone.
9. I’m the type of person who isn’t afraid to get out of my comfort zone.
10. I value new experiences.
11. I love doing things that I’ve never done before.
12. I love challenging myself in new ways.
13. I have never grown inside of my comfort zone.
14. Getting out of my comfort zone has helped me become a better version of myself.
15. I am committed to growing as much as possible.
16. I don’t want to stay stagnant – I get out of my comfort zone whenever possible.
“A good portion of the things you want in life is outside your comfort zone.” – Idowu Koyenikan
Discipline affirmations like these can help you regain focus and not be so hard on yourself. If you stumble or make a mistake when it comes to self-discipline, you can always try again.
Self-discipline is a hard thing to obtain, but it is worth it. Having self-discipline can help you:
- Overcome obstacles
- Have confidence in yourself
- Be more resilient to life’s curveballs
- Be a healthier individual
- Live the life that you KNOW you are capable of living
Having self-discipline takes time. It is often a skill that you develop over time through trial and error.
Don’t give up at the first sign of “failure”. Keep trying and eventually you will become the disciplined person that you always knew you could be. You got this!
This post was all about discipline affirmations.
Other posts you might like: